Tips for Dealing with Adversity
- Thankfulness- Be thankful for the adversity. Adversity is God’s way of saying you are worthy of his teachings.
- Patience- The key to getting through adversity is having patience and knowing that in the end everything will work out the way that it is intended to.
- Acceptance- Accept the hand that you were dealt with. There is no sense in dwelling on what didn’t happen. You can’t change that, you can only accept it and move forward.
- Maintain a Creative Mind- Eliminate boredom otherwise it will lead you toward frustration and depression.
- Understanding Why This? Vs Why Me? – Asking why me doesn’t provide any answers, it just makes you feel guilty for having asked it in the first place. Why not you? No one is immune to pain. Simply re-word the question and ask Why This? Asking why this typically leads you to an understanding of your past thoughts and actions that may have contributed to the situation and will lead you to a resolution.
- Work Toward the Future- Even if you do not feel things are moving forward, work on creating the future you desire. Commit by writing out your goals and desires and network with like-minded people. Each step you take, no matter how small, moves you toward your future.
- Trust- Let Go and Let God. All we really have control over is our actions and a gut feeling (or hearts desire) of what we hope the outcome of our lives to be. Trust the Universe will provide you with exactly what you need when you need it.