5 Tips on how to stay productive
- Become realistic about your time–You can schedule all you want but unless your honest about the time that you have to give to any one particular task then you still won’t accomplish the things listed on your schedule to do.
- Do the most important thing first– When writing your to do lists make sure that you prioritize your list according to what is the most important task that you need to get done first.
- Focus on what your task is instead of always trying to focus on too many things at once– Most of the time multi-tasking doesn’t help you. It may work out better if you try to focus on one task to not only complete it better but also faster.
- Create a Schedule– Some writer’s don’t believe in scheduling their writing time –as if it would mean that it is not truly the creative nature to schedule- but for those who are serious about your art you have to be consistent with it and make time for it. Schedule it just as if it were an important business meeting that you can not miss.
- Jealously guard your time– When it is your time to write then it is your time. As selfish as it may sound sometimes in order to really get anything done you have to put yourself first and tell everyone else in your life that this is your time and that you need for them to respect that.