I was thinking about all of the things that I would have loved to have gotten for Christmas. Not extravagant things, not a whole closet full of clothes (maybe just 1 new pair of jeans), not a lot of jewelry, and not expensive shoes (okay maybe just 1 inexpensive pair). The things that I would’ve liked for Christmas are all pertaining to my craft of writing. Well Christmas has come and gone and I still have my Writer Wish List without anything being crossed off so I guess that just adds another list of things that I need to strive for in the year 2012 to be able to obtain. Today I thought I would share my Writer Wish List with all of you, somewhat as a way to hold myself to the task of achieving some, if not all, of the items on the list.
- A yearly subscription to the ‘Writer’s Digest’ Magazine and ‘The Writer’ Magazine so I won’t miss one single issue.
- A New Laptop that doesn’t go as slow as molasses and would be able to hold some of the software that I would also like to get.
- Six month’s supply of printing cartridges so I won’t run out of ink for at least that length of time.
- A gift card to either a book store or an office supply store.
- A set of pretty purple pens (that seems to be my favorite color to write with even though my personal favorite color is blue).
- A year supply of coffee (the good stuff while we’re at it).
- A stack of empty journals/notebooks with pretty covers.
- The Scrivener software for writers as well the Adobe Creative Suite software.
- An Agent
- A new batch of customized business cards to pass out and bring in some new clients.
So that’s my Writer wish list for the New Year. So what are some of your most needed items on your Writer wish list? Until tomorrow…Hope you have all of your lists ready for 2012.
The Diary: Succession of Lies (Now Available)
Writing as “Jaycee Durant”
5 thoughts on “My Writer Wish List”
I want the Adobe Creative Suite, too!
I hope to pull myself out of my cave this year and actually get the courage to start a blog. I am overwhelmed by the technology of it all. Your list is inspiring . Thank you for sharing.
Wonderful ideas, I did get a new desk from my husband and a leather journal, He gets me…. but ink, conferences, notepads, etc are always good things to reward myself for when I keep at the work of writing.
I just want one thing. I know I will have to work hard to get it, craft and carve and create, but it will help me the most….TIME!! Just a few more hours in the week, okay, maybe more than a few. Its possible, right?
I wish it were possible. I could use an extra ten hours added to each day!