I was thinking of all the ways and things people do to sabotage themselves. Largely, I was thinking of all of the things that I am doing that are making me sabotage myself. Unknowingly, this week has turned out to be one of looking inward at myself and reflecting on the things that I want and most importantly what I need to change within me to get those things that I am striving for. I had no idea that was what this week would be for me but I am tired of feeling as if I am watching the life I want pass me by. So I made a list of ten things that people do to hold themselves back from success.
- Making Excuses
- Pointing the finger at everyone else but yourself
- Doing a whole lot of planning without a lot of doing.
- Keeping people around you that are not going to give you a swift kick in the ass
- Not going after every possible opportunity that you can get your hands on
- Not taking care of yourself (both mental and physical health) before you take care of others
- Open their minds to change and do something new
- Say yes to everyone and continue to say no to yourself
- Over think everything instead of just doing
Okay so that’s my list of which I am probably guilty of more than half of those things on that list. Tomorrow I will go a little further into self-sabotage and what we can do to stop sabotaging our own destiny.
The Diary: Succession of Lies (Now Available)
Writing as “Jaycee Durant”